Carlos Espinoza & Noelia Hurtado
Carlitos is a dynamic young milonguero style dancer who has been dancing for the last eighteen years in Argentina and Chile and has instructed at over 100 festivals and workshops in Europe and South America gaining a fiercely-loyal following worldwide.
One of Carlito’s first tango teacher was Carlos Malone and Sergio Natario, who taught him the importance of walking.
In 1998 Carlitos began teaching in Argentina and Chile and in 2001, in Europe. Word quickly spread and since 2004 he has instructed in Europe almost full-time. When Carlitos is not touring he resides in Santiago, Chile where he instructs group classes and gives private classes to a seemingly endless stream of advanced students who arrive daily from around the world to work with him.
Carlitos dances an authentic close-embrace milonguero style tango. His personal dance style is characterized by a rare combination of extreme dynamism, profound musicality, energy, precision, and a very grounded and elegant walk.
As an instructor, Carlitos is masterful. He works on multiple levels with students, simultaneously developing technique and mechanics while challenging the student’s interior landscape, and their process of conceptualizing while they lead or follow.
Noelia Hurtado In 2003, Noelia Hurtado met her previous dance partner Pablo Rodriguez in the famous Club Sunderland where they started their artistic career together. They studied intensively with maestros Carlos Perez and Rosa Forte with whom they learned the basics of the well-known Villa Urquiza style. Noelia and Pablo went on to study with important maestros to form their unique style that combined both traditional and new. They merged the attributes of Villa Urquiza tango and milonga with new elements and techniques of contemporary tango. In 2006 they were selected as Metropolitan Champions of Tango Salon of Buenos Aires and Metropolitan Sub-Champions of Milonga. In May 2008 we had the pleasure of having Noelia and Pablo as our special guests at LMDC2 where they graced us with a host of workshops and an amazing performance in the Spegelsalen of Hipp making it a truly memorable event. In August 2011, after 8 fantastic years together, Noelia and Pablo decided to go their separate ways opening the way for an incredible new partnership with Carlitos Espinoza.
Noelia is a very rounded dancer, from her grounding with the Villa Urquiza Maestro Carlos Perez she has gone on to add her own personal touch to her dance creating an almost unique style that epitomizes close embrace, elegance, with energetic dynamism that quite simply takes your breath away.
Noelia is known as the Queen of embellishments and this can clearly be seen both in her performances and her teaching. Noelia’s instruction epitomizes active following and she excels in teaching when, where and how to add style to your dance.
• Carlitos and Noelia have –apart of their own projects- been working together since 2011. Their unmistakable style is marked by its origin, the milonguero style. Their dynamics and musicality, their transfer of the music into the movements of the body turn their dance into an extremely sensual experience. Not without good reason are they so much in demand at the big festivals.
• Noelia Hurtado & Carlitos Espinoza
Noelia is a dancer with an unusual quality of movements. Her dance, fast and responsive modulates the energies of the dancer and the dance music fusing them into a soft and smooth aura. Each tango’s harshness is softened to the extent that the couple looks as if it was dancing in the air rather than to the ground. Her training as a dancer of traditional tango anchors her style to the true uncompromising saloon tradition, but with her softness defeats its rigidity.
Noelia made an intense investigation with important maestros acquiring the style and forms of tango as a popular dance as well as the new tendencies, thus merging the traditional essence with modern tango trying to combine the attributes of traditional tango with new elements and techniques of contemporary tango.
Carlitos Espinoza became Noelia’s dance partner in 2011. He started tango about fifteen years ago. Always a fan of the close embrace, he defines his dance as a mix between tradition and evolution, complementing the dynamics tango has today with its roots in the traditional milonguero style. Over the past couple of years, both Noelia and Carlitos have become requested teachers and performers at various festivals all over the world.
• Carlos and Noelia are probably the most famous new couple in the world. Both already have huge experience in teaching and performing (which can be backed up with countless YouTube videos with 20.000+ hits), so it didn’t come as much of a surprise when we saw them dance together for the first time. Well, it was jaw-droopingly beautiful. And we don’t drop our jaws so easily! They are a perfect example when love of the dance and pure talent meet. The past doesn’t matter anymore. There is only now and the future which is the brightest for these two.
• Noelia and Carlos perhaps today are one of the most famous and favorite couple among tangueros all over the world! Working together since 2011, they managed to create their own style, combing previous experience in a record short time.
Dance of Carlos and Noelia combines both the tradition of classical style tango salon, with their breathtaking beauty of close embrace, as well as the new dynamics and energy , that makes one believe that a couple is dancing on the air!
Noelia Hurtado has been dancing for over 10 years, she learned not only the best representatives of the modern history of the tango, but also at the famous old milongueros.
Carlitos Espinoza also had time to explore the argentine tango, choosing from himself the way that defined his style today.
• Noelia Hurtado can be considered as the most influential female dancer of the generation with a large crowed of followers all over the world. She raised to world fame with her former partner Pablo Rodriguez, when they became World Champions of Tango Salon in the year 2006. With her partner, Noelia developed a unique salon-based syle witch infused traditional elements of tango with modern elements to achieve high musicality, fluidity and dynamic.
With Carlitos Espinoza a further level of sophistication has been achieved where subtle movements reflect a high level of musicality. The couple enjoys an overwhelming success especially with young crowds making them one of the most notable young couples of Tango.